We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, email address, job title, company, postal address, telephone, fax number, website address, interests and any other information you add to your profile);
- information about your use of our website services, including information about: searches that you conduct, videos that you view and materials that you download; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Elixo SAS does not store, use or process your credit/debit card details.
The legal basis on which we collect your personal information
Elixo SAS collects and processes your personal information on the basis of four different legal grounds, depending on the nature of the personal data being provided and the type of processing involved. More information is provided on this here.
- Performance of a contract. Most of the personal data processed by Elixo SAS is performed on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you, or in order to take steps at the request of the user prior to entering such an agreement. An example of this would be where you purchase a ticket to one of our events or purchase a subscription.
- Legitimate interest. A second ground relied upon by Elixo SAS for other types of processing of your personal data is that it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Elixo SAS. Such legitimate interests will include where we send you marketing about our products and services, where we believe you have a reasonable expectation that we will process your data in a business context or where such processing is strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention. An example of this would be where you register for one of our drama conferences and we send you our drama newsletter. We will only rely on such a ground where an assessment has been performed balancing the interests and rights involved and the necessity of the processing in order to provide our services, products and features to you.
- Compliance with a legal obligation. A third ground relied upon for certain types of processing is that it is necessary in order to allow Elixo SAS to comply with a legal obligation. An example of this would be where we are required to retain business records for fixed periods of time in order to comply with local legal requirements.
- Consent. Finally, in certain situations, Elixo SAS relies on your consent in order to process your personal data. Where we require your consent in order to collect and process certain personal data, we seek your consent at the time of provision, and such processing will only be performed where consent is secured. For example, your consent to securely store your credit card details when purchasing from our shop.
Using your personal information
In addition, we may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you marketing communications concerning our business, only where you have specifically opted in to this service. You can opt out of marketing communications at anytime by emailing us at email@example.com;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
We send cookies which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookies in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you. Our advertisers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept or block cookies. However, this will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
International data transfers
Information that we collect will be stored and processed on our servers located in the United Kingdom. In addition, information which you provide as part of your profile may be accessed via the internet by our IT and technical partners based in other European Union countries.
Security of your personal information
We take all necessary technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers based in the United Kingdom. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your user and password details confidential. We will never ask you for your password.
Accessing or deleting your personal information
You can request copies of any personal information we hold about you or instruct us to delete all personal information we hold about you. Such requests should be by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within two working days from receipt.
Updating your personal information
If you are registered with Elixo SAS, you can update your personal details and e-newsletter options anytime by signing in and visiting Elixo SAS. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or phone +33 320 064 600.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.